Translate

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Crochet carpet

Just a quick catch up, halfway through June already: after taking a pause from blogging I was ironically forced to stand back from most of my creative endeavors
A positive is that this enforced ‘time out’ has made me recognize how important creative activity is to me and I think in time it will renew my enthusiasm. right now working on the crochet carpet as gift for my sister-in-law who am visiting in July. am posting as i know she’s one who is not on social media so my surprise for her won’t be ruined
WP_20160611_001 WP_20160611_005
Emptiness is necessary.
The yin to the yang.
Thirty spokes share the wheel’s hub;
It is the centre hole that makes it useful.
Shape clay into a vessel;
It is the space within that makes it useful.
Cut doors and windows for a room;
It is the holes which make it useful.
Therefore profit comes from what is there;
Usefulness from what is not there..”Tao te Ching, chp11


No comments:

Post a Comment